Articles Tagged with visa

At, we often get inquiries from Canadian citizens wanting to know if they can get a visa that will allow them to live and work in the United States on a full-time basis. The answer to that question is “yes.”

The easiest way for Canadians to live and work in the United States is through the E-2 Treaty Investor visa.  The E-2 visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows an individual from a treaty country (a country with which the U.S. maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation) to be admitted to the U.S. when they are investing a substantial amount of capital in a U.S. business.

Here’s what it takes to qualify for an E-2 visa:

A “U” visa is a nonimmigrant visa available to victims of certain crimes (e.g. rape, assault, attempted murder, armed robbery, kidnapping, involuntary servitude, domestic violence, stalking) who have suffered substantial mental or physical abuse.  The crime (which must have occurred in the United States or in violation of U.S. laws) must be serious and generally violent in nature.  Further, to be eligible for a U visa, a victim of a crime must be willing to assist law enforcement and government officials in the investigation or prosecution of the criminal activity.  The U visa was created by the United States Congress as part of the Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act (VTVPA) in 2000 to encourage victims to report crimes without fear of deportation and to strengthen the ability of law enforcement agencies to investigate and prosecute certain criminal cases.

To be eligible for a U visa, an individual must:

1. Be a victim of a qualifying criminal activity that occurred in the United States or in violation of U.S. laws.

What’s The Difference Between A Green Card And A Visa?

This a question that gets asked often and is based upon a certain amount of confusion.  The starting point for alleviating the confusion and understanding the key differences between a green card and a visa is understanding that the entire American immigration system is based upon only two categories of persons: immigrants and non-immigrants.

What Is A Visa And Who Can Get One?


The short answer is “yes.”

Can You Sue USCIS If Your Immigration Petition is Taking TOO LONG?

Can You Sue USCIS If Your Immigration Petition is Taking TOO LONG?

The P Visa Admits Athletes, Artists And Entertainers

The Immigration Act of 1990 added the “P” class of visa to the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).  The “P Visa” is a non-immigrant, limited duration visa that allows persons with high-profile international careers in sports and the arts or entertainment to compete or perform in the US.

Persons who wish to apply for a P Visa must meet certain qualifications to establish their level of international acclaim and, if approved, are then able to apply for the appropriate P Visa.

Contact Information